Are you trying to learn English?
Have you been learning English, but want to practice speaking it?
If so, I am offering English classes, private English tutoring, and group English lessons all online to help you improve. Each one of my classes will take place on Skype, or if you are a Chinese speaker, I am also available on WeChat.
But, why should you learn English, especially American English?
There are many, many reasons as to why you should learn the English language. But here are just a few of the important and life changing reasons.
1. English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. It is the official language of 53 countries, the native language of 400 million people around the globe, and one out of every five people in the world can either speak or understand it.
2. Knowing English will let you travel more places and find more jobs. By speaking and understanding English, you automatically get to travel to 53 countries and have no problems with language barriers. Plus, it opens doors for many more jobs, both international in English speaking countries and domestically in your own country.
3. English is the language of science, technology, diplomacy, and tourism. English is quickly becoming a global and universal language.
4. It’s fun. Learning a language is a life adventure, and it teaches you more about yourself, others, and the world. Plus, you get to have fun meeting new people along the way.
My English Classes
When you take one of my English classes, you will experience the English language in every way possible.
By this I mean, you will learn learn…
Vocabulary. The essential building block of any language is vocabulary, and in my classes, we will focus on building your vocabulary and teaching you new words as well as how to use them correctly through
- Web articles
- Online courses
Listening skills. It is important that you know how to comprehend everything you hear in a language, and in my classes, we will focus on making sure you understand English just as good as you can speak it. We will practice and improve listening skills through
- Audio clips
- Listening drills and exercises
- Interactive journalling
Reading and writing skills. To be fluent in any language, it is important that you know how to communicate through writing and understand through reading. In my classes, we focus on these important aspects through
- Web articles
- Books and poetry
Speaking skills. Last but certainly not least, to know a language, you have to know how to speak it. In my classes, we focus on conversation a lot. So get ready to take your conversational English to the next level through
- Free talk
Meet Your New English Teacher: Jia Li
My name is Jia Li and I am from the United States. English is my native language, but I also speak Mandarin Chinese and Spanish to intermediate and advanced fluency.
My passion is in learning languages and helping others learn languages, too. And today, I want to help you learn and get better in English.
I started learning Mandarin Chinese six years ago at the age of 10, where I took 2 years of classes with a class instructor and then studied for 3 years on my own, online. Now, I have 2 amazing online Chinese tutors who help me practice and I am constantly learning new things. It has been a constant journey, and I can’t wait to use what I know and what I have experienced to help you learn English.
In October 2017, I started seriously studying Spanish. My dad is from Venezuela, a country in South America, so Spanish was his first language. However, he didn’t teach me how to speak it as a baby, but I heard it all the time being spoken by him and my family members. So last year, I decided that I wanted to learn more Spanish and speak it confidently like my family.
On my Instagram, I am always posting my language studies and the challenges that I do, which have been an Arabic study challenge, Portuguese study challenge, and a 5 weeks to fluency Chinese study challenge.
So, are you ready to improve your English? Because I’m ready to help you!